Volunteering and Virtus
Our school welcomes volunteers and we're very grateful to all of the people who support our school with their time each year. Volunteers serve our students in many ways including teacher helpers, PTO members, lunch time supervisors, field trip chaperones, and too many more to name!
A volunteer in the Diocese of Cleveland must fulfill the following requirements before they begin their duties:
1) Read and acknowledge the Diocese of Cleveland, "Policy for the Safety of Children in Matters of Sexual Abuse." http://www.clevelandchildprotection.org/website/pdf/PolicyfortheSafetyofChildren-June2016.pdf
2) Read and acknowledge the Diocese of Cleveland, "Standards of Conduct for Ministry." http://www.clevelandchildprotection.org/website/pdf/StandardsofConduct-June2016.pdf
3) Apply for the volunteer position. (This may be formal or informal depending on the desired position.)
4) Attend a Diocesan Virtus training program. https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_0.cfm?theme=0
5) Complete a fingerprint based background check process (Ohio BCI).
Because of these Diocesan standards, all SFA volunteers in any position involving children (including class parties, field trips, etc.) must have completed these five steps before they may begin their volunteering.
Volunteers interested in coaching should contact our Athletic Director, Eileen Klear, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The State of Ohio also requires that volunteer coaches complete the following:
*National Federation of State High School Associations Concussion in Sports Awareness Program--What You Need to Know On-Line Training Program
*"Lindsay's Law"--education on recognizing the symptoms of Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) on an annual basis.